Thursday 31 July 2014

Weekly WishList - Modern Retro Edition.





























One | Two | Three | Four | Five | Six | Seven | Eight. 

When it comes to decorating a living space there are two things I absolutely love: A modern retro style and calming muted green, grey and blue colours. For me I prefer a very neutral canvas with with I can inject lots beautiful stylish furnishings. I find using muted greens and blues gives a lovely serene and calm quality to a room which is definitely needed amongst the chaos of having two toddlers So here I have found a few items that combine all those things I am looking for in a living space that have now made their way onto my long homeware wishlist! Call it a bit of a living room mood board if you will!

Two things that my house really needs are this retro phone from Next and a Roberts Revival digital radio, both of which are in my favourite colours and would fit perfectly within the look I am trying to create. Practically we do actually need an extra telephone has we are going from living in a one story to a two story dwelling but the radio I think would just look lovely in the kitchen so we could listen to it whilst cooking or eating dinner.

This light shade from John Lewis is just stunning. Its a delicate cut out design which produces the silhouette of trees into the walls when dark, what a great way to create mood lighting in the evening! We currently have the Karlstad Ikea sofa in 'Lindo beige' which I absolutely love and would like to get the matching footstool in a contrasting fabric and this leafy green floral fabric is just lovely! Another piece of furniture which I adore is this Leonhard Pfeifer for John Lewis Abbeywood cabinet again in the most beautiful shades of muted green and blue, I love this retro style but it is so so expensive I will just have to keep wishing on this one! 

Lastly I am loving all the copper accessories in shops right now and think they go really well with my chosen colours. H&M have loads of copper home accents available online right now including this candle stick holder, cake stand and decorative hooks. 

I am loving creating homeware mood boards and wish lists right now and I cant wait to share with you how we decorate our new house once we are eventually in. Thank you for reading!  

LouLou.
   

No comments:

Post a Comment