Tuesday 8 July 2014

My Birthday Shenanigans, Gifts & Sales Haul!

Yesterday was my 26th birthday, 26 oh my what a horrible age! I've been dreading turning 26 more then any other age because I mean no one wants to be closer to 30 then 20 right? What a scary thought!

Luckily my lovely family made it all worth it and completely took my mind of how time is moving way too fast! After lots of suspicious activity the night before I woke up to the most gorgeous bunch of long stemmed white roses waiting for me on the table, I am such a sucker for beautiful flowers....If i received flowers and nothing else I would have been just as happy. I don't think I've ever been given white roses before so this was really special my man knows me so so well. 



I unwrapped my other gifts from Greig and the boys and I was completely spoilt! A received a box of the most beautiful caramel truffles by Charbonnel et Walker which I cant wait to tuck into later with a cup of tea!  



























I also unwrapped an Arran Aromatics gift set a company special to me because I had visited the beautiful small Scottish Island when I was a child. Inside the set named 'After the Rain' was a bath and shower gel, Shea butter, a bottle of perfume, soap and candle.

Not only this but I was quickly informed I was being whisked away for a day out in London in August to go see a matinee performance of Wicked at the theatre!! The Mr and I always try and make time once a month to spend the day together doing something special like a 'date day' so to speak and a day out in London is always a fabulous thing to do, I am so so thankful of how good his is to me what a wonderful gift.

After a lazy morning spent together as a family Greig and I decided to head out on our own to go grab a coffee and a cake whilst leaving the boys with their nan. We drove tot he nearby town of maidstone where we did a little shopping and stopped off at the brand new Patisserie Valerie that had just opened in Fremin Walk.



It was such a warm day and the majority of the shopping in Maidstone is outside so I chose to wear this printed pencil skirt from Asos which is actually getting to be a little too big for me now but I paired it with just a plain fitted black cami from Forever21. I absolutely loved how well my new Zara Combined Office City Bag (see review here) matched this outfit, it is such a great bag to take shopping as it can fit tons inside.





They did all sorts of delicious breakfasts and lunches but the cakes omg they were out of this world. I opted for a slice of the black forrest gateaux which was absolutely ginormous and so incredibly yummy and for the quality of the food and service I think its really a great value for money place for a nice relaxing treat. I ate so much cake that I ended up completely skipping lunch all together because I was so full, I cant wait to visit again some time soon.



When shopping I picked up this lovely sheer white cami in Topshop, I usually wouldn't buy something so basic from Topshop as I'd rather get cheeper basics from Primark or H&M but this top was such a flattering fit and hangs really nicely I knew it would go with everything and get lots of wear. My mum also gave me this gorgeous scented candle as my main present was still yet to arrive, it goes really nicely with the colours of my bedroom and I cant wait to light it. My mother-in-law spoilt me with more chocolates and a selection from the body shop including the cleansing oil and overnight serum I had been coveting....stay tuned for reviews of these coming soon!!


Later that evening Greig and I went out for dinner and because it had been so warm I decided to freshen up and change my top for the new Topshop cami which looked equally as nice with my pencil skirt. I even managed to persuade Greig to take some outfit shots for me outside Bluewater shopping centre....how beautiful are those flower beds!








Before dinner we did even more sale shopping spending some birthday pennies I had received earlier on in the day and I couldn't resist Jack Wills and Victoria Secret! I picked up some much desperately needed new underwear then stopped off at my now new favourite shop....The East of India Tea Company. This shop is amazing....I mean we are complete tea addicts so this was like heaven to us, it was wall to ceiling of beautifully arranged cans of loose tea of every variety you could think of not to mention coffee, chocolate, biscuits and jam! We purchased a little box of my favourite darjeeling and a little taster selection of black teas to go with those yummy chocolates I had back home!

A review of our dinner at Ask Italian will be in a separate post coming soon!

I am so grateful for everyone who has made my birthday so special and thank you everyone who wished me a happy birthday I had such a great day! Thank you for reading.

LouLou.

No comments:

Post a Comment