Friday 1 August 2014

Arran Aromatics After The Rain GIft Set - A Review.


























Before I review this Arran Aromatics After The Rain gift set which I kindly received for my birthday I thought I'd tell you a little about the brand. Arran Aromatics is quite a new discovery for me, it cropped up on my instagram one day and I automatically thought.....I wonder if it has anything to do with the Isle of Arran?? I instantly went on their website and quickly found out that in fact the company and entire brand was based in and on the island. Now the reason this intrigued me so much was because I visited the Scottish Isle many years ago on a biology research project and have very fond memories of the beautiful island. This made me want to try out some of their products even more not to mention supporting a brand that is inspired by nature yet have low environmental impact with their products being very natural and packaging all recycled.  


























Now onto the products in question, this gift set is from the 'After The Rain' fragrance collection and contains a shower gel, Shea body butter, eau de toilette perfume, soap and candle all packaged in a beautiful box. The price of a set like this can be found on their website here, but because it was a gift I don't wish to go searching for the price.

The fragrance itself is described as inspired by the scent of a fresh garden after a rain storm containing the essential oils lime, lavandin, juniper and cardamon. For me this was a little different as I usual go for very sweet and light floral or fruity scents but this was a lot heavier and musky almost like it could be unisex. I am not very good when it comes to describing fragrance notes but to me this smells very spa like but as it wears I can really pick up on the fresh rain almost lightly woody scent. Even though this fragrance is very out of my usual comfort zone I have been very much enjoying using it, it wears very well and the perfume has great saying power and is a very refreshing scent.  


I love the look of the packaging It looks so classy the square clear bottles with their clear contents and very subtle minimal branding. All the packaging is nice and sturdy and feels quite high quality which makes it really stand out from your typical flimsy high street offerings. Because the scent is so fresh and vivid it makes the shower gel such a joy to use, I cant comment on the soap yet as I haven't got round to trying it but the shower gel feels and smells very luxurious and again makes me think of being at a spa.      

























My favourite by far out of this whole set is the Shea Butter Cream moisturiser. I have been using this every day after having a bath and my god it is the best moisturiser I have ever used....and that is a big statement to say! Not only does it again give you a lovely fresh scent which lingers on the skin for a good few hours but it leaves your skin feeling so so soft and smooth without feeling at all greasy. I like how quickly this sinks into the skin, there is nothing worse then having to stand around feeling sticky after having a bath. It is far superior then my Body Shop Body Butter or my Soap & Glory Richous Butter.....it's a definite repurchase for me!

The little candle in the gift set is a lovely extra touch, I love candles even though the scent is quite subtle when burning it its so dainty and classy looking you couldn't really ask for more.

Overall I am very impressed with the quality of the products and cannot wait to try some of their other ranges, in particular the 'Feel Good Formulas' range has definitely caught my eye! Check out their summer sale which is on now and pick up a bargain or too. Thank you for reading.

LouLou.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Louise!

    Loving your review - glad you're enjoying your Arran Aromatics gift! x

    ReplyDelete