Thursday 17 July 2014

Latest In Beauty, The Glamour Beauty Edit.

























If you have a soft spot for beauty boxes then you are going to love this! It is by far one of the best and most value for money beauty box that I have ever seen so of course I snapped it up before it sold out....and I'm sure it will sell out quickly! The box itself is is £16.95 with free P&P and according to the website its contents is worth over £86!


























The actual box is very well designed, a white box with bright pink lip design on the lid and a black interior with the contents neatly wrapped and sealed with a kiss. When you lift the lid and tear open the tissue you are suddenly hit with how full of goodies this box really is, you could literally not fit a single thing more in here!



























The items you get are nice and varied and all but one are full sized products! The product that that caught my attention most and what led me to purchase this beauty box was the full sized Illamasqua Glamor lipstick which is not even in stores yet and will retail at £18. This alone makes the box worth while as it is worth more then the box even cost in just one product.


Unfortunately for me after unboxing the said Illamasqua, I saw that the shade which I had been given called 'Naked' was really not for me. My camera isn't quite capturing the shade correctly its a very pale nude brown which being a pale skinned blonde really does not do me any justice! In fact it makes me look like I've put concealer on my lips and completely washes me out. This was really disappointing as it was the thing I was looking forward to most but that is the chance you take with these beauty boxes.

Another slight disappointment is that the Rimmel Sun Shimmer Instant Tan is in the shade medium which again for a pale gal like me might turn out too dark although I have not yet tried it I will have to report back on that one! You also get a tanning mitt which is great for easy even application! 



The Bourjois cream blush is meant to be a gooden and even though I was hoping to get the shade 01 a pale peach this slightly blue toned pink shade 03 looks very pretty and I am very much looking forward to trying it out. 

Another extremely exciting item is the Magnifibers mascara which is said to instantly lengthen your lashes by up to 5mm. I have seen many a review of this and have been wanting to try it for a long time, I really hope it does what it says on the tin because that would be fabulous!   

Now I cant say I knew that Crabtree and Evelyn did nail polish but the one included in this box is a very pretty shade of apple red, a classic very autumnal shade maybe not quite suiting to the summer theme of the box but still a very wearable little number. 

Sun screen is a must right now especially as we are in the middle of a British heatwave or even if your off on your jollies this Hawaiian Tropic factor 30 sunscreen is probably one of the best that I have tried. It absorbs quickly without leaving you feeling sticky and leaves your skin looking radiant....what more could you want.

The Toni & Guy Volume Plumping Whip is supposed to give you supersized hair without feeling crunchy, now I'm not much of a hair product gal but I am very intrigued by this one. I will be doing full reviews on all of these products so you will just have to wait and see if this is a hit or a miss for me.   

Lastly DHC Deep Cleansing Oil which is the only miniature of the box and I believe it is because the full size is quite an expensive product so we can let them off that one. I've just got into facial oils and oil cleansers so I'm sure I am going to love this, but how will it stand up against The Body Shops Camomile Cleansing oil? You will have to wait and see! 

Over all a fantastic box despite a couple of disappointments Its still well worth the money, you even get some money off codes inside the box for the brands included which is a lovely little extra! The box is still available here so grab it before it goes!

Thank you for reading.

LouLou. 

No comments:

Post a Comment