Thursday 24 July 2014

Mini Primark Haul For Autumn/Winter.

I am loving all the Autumn/Winter stock slowly filtering into the highstreet stores right now but the one I get most excited about it Primark! After seeing a few little glimpses of their new season stock online I was so excited to see some thicker knitwear and coats starting to occupy the rails. Of course that meant me starting to stock up on my Autumn/Winter wardrobe pretty early this year so I have a mini Primark haul to show you all. 

Firstly there was one Item that I put back and didn't end up buying but I'm pretty sure I will probably get it on my next visit, and it was a large thick draping poncho style cardigan in grey and beige angled stripes. It was very boho/native American-esk and was so warm and cosy, it would make a great throw on when it starts to get chilly and would look lovely with Winter boots. 

Onto items that I did actually buy the first was a mottled grey distressed T-shirt, it is oversized but hangs beautifully and very thin and comfortable. I had seen the likes of these T-shirts in Topshop and All Saints but for a much higher price then Primarks £4! These are great staples you have in your wardrobe as they look effortlessly chic with jeans or shorts and are also great for layering in the colder months. 





This has got to be one of the comfiest T-shirts I have ever owned and looks adorable with ripped denim shorts for a very casual slouchy look. Because the material is so light it keeps you nice and cool and doesn't cling, it also means that it hangs beautifully and looks so flattering. They also had this T-shirt in a range of colours so I will definitely be going back for more.   


Now it may seem like I've got a bit of a grey theme going on here but I just couldn't resist the adorable neckline of this cardigan! Normally Primark cardigans are that thin stretchy knit kind of fabric but this is different, it is thicker and feels better quality whilst still being a thin knit. This is the perfect for chilly Autumn days and can be thrown on and layered up like i have done over the distressed T-shirt. 


What really makes this cardigan a must have is all the little details, not only does it have a pearl embellished lace peter pan collar (omg heart eyes all around!) it also has little pearl buttons and scalloped edging on the sleeves and hem! I think this is a bit of a gem for only £12 it looks a lot more expensive then it is.



My last buy was this thicker cardigan and again what sold it to me was the lovely detailing a great quality! This is more of a hefty cardigan, a thicker knit but still so so soft and cosy. It has 3/4 length draping arms and crochet detailing and a lovely fringed hem which gives it a definite boho look. 


I think this cardigan looks great thrown on over a T-shirt and looks great with shorts with the fringing dangling around your bare legs. To make this outfit more Autumn appropriate just switch the T-shirt for something with long sleeved and throw on some tights and ankle boots and your good to go! This cardigan was £14 and again i think looks more expensive then it is so well done Primark, it seems that they have really upped their game this season and I cant wait to see more of the collection!

For anyone wondering the shorts that my Primark haul have been styled with are old and from Republic which I think are now no longer around, sorry about that! 

Thank you for reading! 

LouLou.   

No comments:

Post a Comment