Thursday 3 July 2014

Maybelline SuperStay Better Skin Foundation Review.


I received this quite generous 10ml sample of the Maybelline Better Skin foundation in the post and was very excited to try it as I had heard and read very good things about it. I had been eyeing it up in boots for quite some time but wasn't sure whether it would be pale enough for me so it's great that I've got enough product for several days trial. 

After answering a few questions the shade they sent me was their palest shade 01 Light Beige and from looking at it in the tube I was a bit concerned it would be too orangey for me but when I actually tested it blended perfectly into my skin and matched exactly. This foundation almost seems to adapt to your skin tone as it looks quite a bit darker then my everyday foundations but on the skin its a perfect match which is often difficult to find on the high street. In fact I'd even go as far as saying I think this matches my skin tone far better then any other high street foundation I have tried which is a big statement for a pale girl. 

The product is quite thick in consistency which to be honest I find easier to work with, I found that applying it to my face with my fingers then working it in with my real techniques buffing brush the best method of application. A little really does go a long way with the foundation, I made the mistake of putting way too much product on the back of my hand and in turn applying a bit too much to my face and ended up having to wipe some excess away. When you get the hang of how much product to apply it blends like a dream, covering redness, evening out skin tone and matifying any shine whilst still looking natural. I would say this foundation definitely left a matt finish but is a lot more natural then other matt foundations, it doesn't look or feel heavy but gives substantial amount of coverage at the same time. 

Here are my before and after pictures and I am quite impressed with how well it has evened out my skin tone covering the redness around my nose and getting rid of any shine on my cheeks and forehead. It did make my skin look a lot smoother and airbrushed which is always a good thing!     


Today was a great test for this foundation as its been a scorcher and my home town recorded the highest temperature in the country! After spending the day out in the garden and running around after the boys in this heat I'm seriously impressed with how well this foundation wore. It seemed to keep me pretty matt most of the day despite of this heat although my oil did start to break through come early evening meaning the foundation did start to go a little patchy round my nose.

Once I've finished up this tester I definitely think I will purchase this foundation, I'm not sure I buy the fact that over time it helps improve your skin but I will follow up with my thoughts on that some other time!

Thank you for reading.

LouLou.

No comments:

Post a Comment