Thursday 17 July 2014

How To Get Better Skin - The Products That Actually Work.


























Recently after introducing a few new skincare products into my routine I have witnessed a dramatic change in my skin. I have combination skin a little oily in my t-zone but dry on my nose but let me just point out that what skincare works for me and my skin type will not necessarily work for you....skincare is all about trial and error it can be very hit and miss, and for me this seems to be the winning combination!

Another fact I have to state is that diet and hydration also play a major factor in the health of our skin. A diet rich in fatty foods and not drinking enough water could be the simplest cause for skin breakouts. But if your skin is still being troublesome then I definitely recommend you giving a few of these products a try!

First things first I have been using a new cleanser The Body Shop Camomile Cleansing Oil which has replaced my Clinique Take The Day Off cleansing balm. This is the first cleansing oil I have ever tried and even though reluctant to add even more oil to my oily t-zone I actually think its helped reduce my oiliness. Not only is it amazing at getting rid of any trace of make up from your skin but it leaves it so soft and nourished. Not only do I feel more benefits from using this instead of my regular Clinique balm but it is also around £12 cheaper!

After cleansing I have been really enjoying this little tester duo from Clinique both from the Anti-Blemish Solutions range. Firstly I used the Clarifying Toner to gently exfoliate my skin this I find absolutely fantastic for stopping breakouts from occurring and then on top the Clearing Treatment which is great at rapidly reducing any blemishes and improving the skin texture.

Once or twice a week I have been using Vitamin E Overnight Serum In Oil from The Body Shop again I am so surprised at how great facial oils are for your skin. I apply this before I go to bed when I feel my skin needs that extra replenishing treatment and wake up with it looking plumper, more radiant and ultra soft.

In the mornings after I freshen up my skin with a miceller water I have been applying the Clinique Smart Serum as I received a few samples to test out. This not only adds a ton of moisture to your face but it gives your skin a beautiful radiance that makes the perfect surface for applying your foundation. The fact that it also helps combat those pesky wrinkles is surely not a bad thing either!  

Lastly I have been testing our a new foundation that has just blown me away, I cannot rave about the Maybelline Super Stay Better Skin foundation enough! Its the perfect mix between matt and dewy, the colour match for my awkwardly pale skin is spot on, its light buildable and blends excellently....and if that wasn't enough it seems to have really improved and evened out my skin tone even when I'm not wearing the product! All in all right now it is my perfect base for summer.

Using this combination of products for the past 2-3 weeks has corrected my bumpy skin, prevented any breakouts occurring and evened out the redness I get around my nose, leaving my skin visibly smoother, plump and so much more radiant. All of these products have become complete staples in my skincare routine that I'm sure will be purchased again and again.

Have you found your winning skincare combination? I would love to hear about what you have found has made you have better skin? Thank you for reading.

LouLou

No comments:

Post a Comment