Tuesday 8 July 2014

Birthday Dinner At Ask Italian - A Review.

























Greig and I deliberated for days about where to go out for dinner for my birthday and we just couldn't decide! We are a little bit picky when it comes to restaurants, we like good fresh food and usually don't go for restaurant chains as we like finding something a little bit more individual. Ask Italian kindly sent me a voucher for £20 off a £50 meal for my birthday as I had previously signed up to their mailing list, and because we still hadn't decided where to go we thought why not!

I have eaten as Ask once before and didn't have a very pleasant experience due to a calzone with far too many chillies in so I was a little apprehensive about what it was going to be like but after looking at the menu I was pleasantly surprised. The menu is very extensive yet contains all your typical italian dishes, everything sounded so tasty it took me forever to choose what I wanted....but that is never a bad thing!


I started with a little summer cocktail, a mixture of prosecco, elderflower cordial and vodka with a twist of lemon which I enjoyed sipping whist eating olives waiting for our starters to arrive. We ordered 2 starters to share choosing the butterfly king prawns and the mushroom alforno, both incredibly tasty and served sizzling hot.




The service was great even though the restaurant was relatively busy everything arrived very quickly and the staff were very attentive. Service is one thing that I find very important, I absolutely hate waiting long periods of time between viewing the menu and ordering and also waiting and having to get a member of staffs attention to get the bill when you are finished. Even though there were only very minimal table staff they were excellent at making sure all their tables were happy and had everything they needed even dealing with some very bizarre requests from the table behind ours who wanted 4 slices of lemon with every course.




For our main course we were so blown over with the amount of choice again we decided to order one pasta and one pizza to share. The delicious pasta had Italian sausage, berlotti beans and porchini mushrooms and was so rich and comforting and the rosemary flat bread topped with sliced steak, tomatoes, rocket, Italian cheese and salsa verde was a refreshing take on your more common pizza.

We thoroughly enjoyed both dishes and we also had a side of chips and courgette fritters which meant we were absolutely stuffed by the time we had finished. Knowing we have a ton of chocolate and birthday cake back home we skipped the pudding and opted to go straight to paying the bill.

I was quite impressed with our overall dining experience, the food was tasty, fresh and filling with plenty of choice.....a perfect dining option for those who love Italian food.

Thank you for reading.

LouLou.  

No comments:

Post a Comment