Tuesday 22 July 2014

Styling A Toddlers Bedroom - A To Buy List & Haul.



 One | Two | Three | Four | Five | Six | Seven

I have found trying to decide on how to decorate Eli's new bedroom really really difficult. I know I wanted something a little more grown up that will last him for years to come but finding modern toddler interior decorations and accessories on a budget became quite a challenge. 

The hardest part was bedding and I finally tracked down and bought two single bedding sets which I am absolutely in love with. The first was the 'Here, There & Everywhere' vehicle print bedding from John Lewis...this is perfect I love the mix of blue, grey and yellow colours and that theme will be carried on throughout his room. As a spare bedding set I picked up and amazing budget buy of this spearmint chevron single bedding set from Tesco for only £8! 

Today I also did a bit of a Mama's & Papa's haul whilst they had 30% off their Paternology range which is absolutely fabulous. I bought a grey bamboo light shade which I thought looked so grown up and stylish, a yellow and grey chevron blanket that matches the colour scheme and a set of alphabet wall sticker. 

I was contemplating creating a feature wall in a decorative wallpaper but after struggling to find something suitable that wasn't £30 a roll.....who new you could spend so much on wallpaper NOT ME!...I decided to go for wall decals instead. To go along with the alphabet wall decal I really like this city scape decal mural from Tesco, it's a little pricy at £40 but I'm hoping to save up some club card points to put towards it. 

Lastly we already have this Vertbaudet unit which we picked up in the sale a few months back and is still sitting in the box ready to be put together in the new house. I am looking to set up a little reading corner for Eli filling this storage unit with books and also above it books on Ikea picture ledges, along with a cosy chair or beanbag.   

Now onto my huge Ikea to buy list for Eli's new room:





























One | Two | Three | Four | Five | Six

We are not looking to do our huge Ikea shop until right before the move so we can take it straight to the new house and not have to store it. These are all the bits and pieces we are looking to get for Eli's new room starting off with his new extendable toddler bed which can pull out into a single bed as he grows, although I think we are just going to use it as a single straight away. 

This Ikea children's table and chairs is going to be a little project, we are going to paint the wood grey and get some oil cloth fabric to cover the chair seats and also paint the table top in chalk board paint. Im not sure yet whether this is going to go in our living room or in Eli's bedroom yet as it would be nice for  the boys to eat their meals on too.

This little blue bedside table is only £20 and I love the shape and the vibrant shade of blue, it would look lovely with a lamp on top for those bedtime stories and it also suits the colour scheme perfectly. To contrast the bedside table I love this little bright yellow chair, this will probably go in his reading corner next to all his books.

These grey square floating box shelves would make a great feature on wall filled with loads of nicknacks, or even for books or special toys. Lastly this stacking tray side table I think is such a versatile piece of furniture, different sized trays that stack on top of one another to create little compartments. This would make an awesome craft table filled with pencils, pens, paper and play dough, they the trays can be used to lean on when drawing. The colours and shape of this is just beautiful and would look lovely in a child's room especially with the contrasting coloured furniture we are planning on buying. 

Thank you for reading, I hope it provides some inspiration! 

LouLou. 

No comments:

Post a Comment