Monday 2 June 2014

My Beauty Storage & Collection.



I have a very modest cosmetics collection, mainly due to the fact that I like to use one thing up before I buy another I hate having lots of the same thing and am not really much of a collector. All my beauty items are stored mostly in the top half of a long standing bathroom cabinet so here goes talking you through whats in it:

So just briefly the top shelf of my beauty storage contains mostly body products and perfume, middle shelf my palettes and make up collection and the bottom shelf holds most of my skincare and make up brushes. What isn't included in this blog post is what's on the side of my bath which is cleansers, masks and scrubs that I use daily/weekly I may do a separate post on this at some point.

So lets start with the top shelf....


Here I keep my two current favourite scents, the one I spritz everyday which is the Victoria Secret body mist in 'Lemon Escape' a beautiful sweet fragrance which is a mix or lemon sugar and coconut. My other fave is my prized Joe Malone 'Blackberry & Bay' which I only use on special days or evenings out. Blackberry and bay is still quite a fruity fragrance with notes of grapefruit but it more deep and woody, a very sophisticated scent. 

My top shelf also holds my Garnier micellar water which I use daily to remove my make up and then a selection of body products mostly by Soap & Glory including: Butter Yourself, Righteous Butter and Hand Food and then a Clinique body moisturiser. 

Middle Make-Up Shelf.....


The middle shelf contains my entire make up collection....I told you it was modest!! All my make up only just fits into this make up bag and soon this will have to change as finding things in it is becoming a nightmare!! Also stacked to the side are larger items and palettes including my Urban Decay Naked3, Benefit Feeling Dandy kit, Sleek palette in 'Garden of Eden', MUA palette in 'Undress Me Too' and my MUA Bronzed Perfection Bronzer. I love all these palettes and use them all the time they contain all the colours I could ever need so I doubt I will be buying another any time soon. 



So these are my base products that are in my make up bag 2 different shades of Rimmel Wake Me Up foundation, L'Oreal True Match foundation, Garnier oil free BB cream and Rimmel Stay Matt powder. These are my favourite drug store foundations particularly Rimmel Wake Me Up which I use daily, sometimes when I want a lighter coverage I will use the Garnier BB cream but like all BB creams they never are a great match for pale skin. For concealers/highlighters again my Rimmel Wake Me Up is my go to product, YSL Touch Eclat is an amazing highlighter, Bourjois Healthy Mix is not so great and neither is the other highlighter pencil I do not know the name of!

For cheeks I own a Clinique Blush in Iced Lotus which is a beautiful blue toned pink, Hot Mama by TheBalm Cosmetics which is a great dupe for NARS Orgasm, a cream blush in 'Pie' also from TheBalm Cosmetics, a Bourjois blush which is more like a shimmery highlighter which is use regularly and then two disappointing products a Revlon cream blush stick that is just plain awful and a lip/cheek stain which is think is also by TheBalm cosmetics. I also own a Benefit blush in 'Dandelion' which is in a kit that I keep with my palettes, this is my most worn everyday blush as its so subtle and perfect for my pale skin.

These are the only loose eyeshadows I own and to be honest I don't use most of them. I love the little Clinique quad in 'Pink Chocolate' even though I tend to forget about it in favour of naked 3 due to the fact that they are similar in tone. I shadow that I use all the time is the Alima Pure Luminous Shimmer eyeshadow pot in 'chai' it is a stunning shimmery nude that is my go to look most days. Then onto ones I haven't used in years which include a Bourjois eyeshadow and various Barry M loose eyeshadow pots in darker colours.

I tend to be a bit of a mascara floozy and never stick to the same one or even brand! I have my current faves which include Laura Mercier which I am nearly run out of, Soap & Glory thick and fast and Benefits they're real. Clinique mascaras also never disappoint and I tend to collect lots of miniatures from beauty boxes or bonus time. I don't use a lot of eyeliner these days only really my Rimmel scandaleyes in 'Nude' or 'Taupe', I have 2 black pencils by L'Oreal and Lord and Berry and two eyeliner pens by Eyeko and Rimmel.

L-R: Model Co Party Proof in Nude, Mac Russian Red, Armani (not sure of colour), No7 in Barely Plum, Revlon Lip Butter in Candy Apple, Avon (label has come off) and another Avon in Dazzling Coral. My favourites being Revon Lip Butters I think the formula is just brilliant and so easy to wear.

Other lip products I use is the limited edition Vaseline pot in Paint The Town Red, I usually use this before applying lipstick for extra moisture. I love a lip crayon especially Cliniques Chubby Sticks I own 'Super Strawberry' 'Curviest Caramel' and 'Broadest Berry' and Revon Colourburst Balms which I own one of their matt balms in 'Elusive'. I also love this lip stain sample by Jane Iredale in 'Forever Pink' and I own a couple of lip glosses one by Soap & Glory and one by Benefit in 'Dandelion' but I'm not really a fan of wearing lip glosses. I own one nude lip liner by Model Co which is great because it can be used under any lipstick and it pretty invisible on the lips.

And that is pretty much all the make up I own sorry if it was a bit rambly! Im thinking about replacing my make up bag with some acrylic storage to make finding what I want to use easier and I definitely want to expand my blush and lipstick collections!

And Lastly the bottom skincare shelf.......


Most of my skincare is sample sized things mainly from gift sets of beauty boxes and I store them all in a old Birch Box, I love samples it a great way of trying lots of products to see what works best for you. There have been many things I have gone onto buying full sized after using a sample for example this Benefit Porefession Primer! Other primers I have are sample sachets of Urban Decay eyeshadow Primer Potions, a Laura Mercier foundation primer sample, Benefits That Gal brightening primer sample and Benefits Stay Don't Stray eyeshadow primer. Mostly I am too lazy for primers especially eyeshadow primer, the one I use the most is definitely Benefit's Porefessional.      

And this is what the rest of the box contains! Now im only going to go over this briefly and not list everything! I have my night time moisturiser by Clinique as well as a little toner and facewash, my day time moisturisers include Vitamin E by the body Shop, Radiance Day cream by Avon and Soap & Glory Super sun shield. I have a couple of eye creams and hand creams, body and hair oils, my favourite NSPA illuminating serum, a couple of perfume samples and the only brow product I own which is Gimme Brow by Benefit. I keep that here because I use it every day and if i kept it in my make up bag it would just get lost!

I decided not to go over my make up brushes but if you would like to know what I use and would recommend basically anything by Real Techniques or Zoeva....especially the Zoeva 227 soft definer which is an excellent blending brush for eyeshadow.

I hope you found this post interesting even If i have a very modest budget make-up collection!

Thank you for reading.

LouLou.        

    




No comments:

Post a Comment