Thursday 5 June 2014

Spanish Chicken With Chorizo & Chickpeas - A Recipe




I love this dish and its so simple to make, its something I used to make a lot but haven't had it in so long....god knows why! You can vary this recipe by adding different vegetables, I like to serve it with mash and beans but it would also go very nice with sweet potatoes or rice. So here is what you'll need:

  • Diced chicken breast.
  • Chorizo.
  • Can of chickpeas.
  • Mushrooms.
  • Pepper.
  • Courgette.
  • Paprika.
  • Mixed herbs.
  • Can of chopped tomatoes.  



First brown you chicken with the diced chorizo, the chorizo should let out enough oil so that no other oils are necessary giving your chicken a lovely smokey flavour. Once the chicken is browned on the outside you can throw in your diced vegetables and fry until softened.






Season your mixture with a teaspoon each of paprika and mixed herbs, then add your drained chickpeas and your chopped tomatoes. Simmer until your sauce has thickened and all your ingredients are cooked through and soft.


And there you have it, very simple, tasty and a winner with all the family. I made sure I didn't sure a spicy chorizo as I didn't want to upset my little ones tummies, sauce covered dishes like this I find a great way of getting them to get their vegetables.

Keep an eye out this weekend for some little homemade tapas recipes! Thank you for reading.

LouLou.

No comments:

Post a Comment