Wednesday 25 June 2014

Mexican Style Chorizo & Feta Salad.



Recently I have become completely stuck in a cooking rut, making the same old easy things and eating way too many carbs and cakes and my body sure has felt the repercussions of it too. The past week I have had such painful stomach bloating, I am snacking all the time and generally feeling sluggish so I have decided enough it enough I need to get my eating back on track. So I am going to go back to eating healthier again with reducing my carb intake, eating tons of fruit and vegetable and drinking only water or herbal tea.
I needed some recipe inspiration and became momentarily tempted by the hellofresh food subscription box where you are delivered all the ingredients and step by step recipe for 3-5 meals a week but its super expensive and not realistic for a family of 4! Although what I did do is trawl through their bank recipes on their website and noted down tons of yummy looking meals and their ingredients for me to make off my own back instead.
This is one meal I have made with a little hellofresh inspiration which I thought I'd share with you. It is so so simple and a great way to jazz up a boring salad especially if you find eating salads difficult this one is packed with flavour and extremely filling. Here is what you will need:
  • 1/2 can black beans.
  • 1/2 can sweetcorn.
  • 2 spring onions.
  • 1/2 a pepper.
  • Handful of halved cherry tomatoes.
  • Chorizo sausage.
  • 100g of feta cheese.
  • Juice of half a lemon.
  • Fresh coriander. 
  • Diced chilli (optional)
  • Salad leaves of your choice. 
The method is so simple just gently warm some sliced chorizo in a dry frying pan until the sausage starts to release its oil meanwhile mix together all your other ingredients in a bowl adding the lemon juice, diced coriander and the optional chilli. Finally adding your warm chorizo and then spoon the mixture onto your chosen salad leaves, I opted for a mixture of lettuce and spinach. 


























There you have a tasty mexican inspired salad and if you wasn't worried about the calories I bet this would taste nice with a few cheeky nachos on the side!

Thank you for reading.

LouLou.

No comments:

Post a Comment