Friday 6 June 2014

My Top 7 Mini's - A Handbag Sized Make Up Kit.
























I love anything miniature, travel or sample sized and there are many reasons for this: they don't take up as much room, it means I get to try lots of things without having loads of products hanging around half used and subconsciously I love the feeling of using up a product....getting to the bottom of it and deciding what to use next. This is one reason why I loved my Birch Box subscription as it meant I could collect a ton of miniatures which are great for keeping in your handbag.

So these are my top 7 miniatures that I absolutely love and cant live without! This is pretty much a handbag sized make up kit that contains everything apart from base and brows which will give you a fresh and natural look whilst on the go....and whats even better is that it can all fit in the palm of your hand!


To start with cheeks two of my all time favourite products must be TheBalm Cosmetics 'How Bout Them Apples' sample in the shade 'Pie' and Benefits High Beam. The cream blush sample in 'Pie' not only gives you the most natural flush colour on the cheeks, it being a cream product means there is no need for any blushes. It blends beautifully without feeling at all sticky or greasy on the skin, the full sized palette comes with 6 different shades to chose from but you can see my full review of the sample I have here. High Beam is a liquid highlighter that gives you the most radiant glow, If you are feeling or looking a bit drab a swipe of this across the cheekbones blended out will perk up your make up look.

There is only 1 loose eyeshadow I would consider packing for travel and that is the Alima Pure Luminous Shimmer Eyeshadow in 'Chai'. I have raved about this so much, its been featured in make up looks and many monthly favourites, its just the most beautiful neutral day time shade that has a beautiful shimmer that really makes the eyes pop! It being a loose pigment its not the most ideal for applying on the go but If I was going on a trip/holiday It would definitely come with me.

For mascara I have two must haves and I couldn't choose between them....in fact I tend to use both daily! The first is a mascara by Laura Mercier and second is Benefits They're Real, both are fantastic mascaras and even better when combined. I first use the Laura Mercier mascara to define and volumize my lashes and then layer Benefits They're Real over the top to give some killer length.

I don't wear eyeliner daily but if I was to keep a mini liner in my handbag it would be this Lord & Berry Silk Kajal Kohl liner in black. It has super staying power and is great for both your tight line and water line.

Lastly a lip stain by Jane Iredale called Just Kissed in the shade 'Forever Pink' which gives the lips a moisturising and natural looking tint or pretty pink. Its a great day time product giving a lovely natural look with no need to worry about wear or smudging which means its great for applying on the go. And for an added pop of colour how about layering it with 'How Bout Them Apples' which also can be used on the lips.

All this kit needs is a small pot of concealer and a powder compact for oil control throughout the day and it would be everything I would need....I think Soap & Glory's Kick Ass Concealer would fit the bill nicely as it has both concealer and pressed powder all in one compact! 

Thank you for reading. 

LouLou. 
  

No comments:

Post a Comment