Monday 2 June 2014

May Favourites.


























I can't believe we are another month down and now half way through the year!! Seriously where has the time gone! Anyway here we are again with my beauty and non beauty favourites so lets begin.

This month I have kept personal spending to a minimum, mostly because I've had so many birthdays and occasions to pay for. So although my favourites are a little simple this month they are all 100% amazing!

To start with the beauty favourites, this month I bought the new lightest shade of my favourite foundation Rimmel Wake Me Up 'Light Porcelain' is the perfect fit for my skin tone which as all you pale gals know is very difficult to find in the drug store. I have worn this base every day since you can see my full review of it here.

Bronzing when your fair skinned is hugely daunting, because on this I would never even consider touching a bronzer for the fear of looking orange! But after discovering MUA Bronzed Perfection I found that a very light dusting in the hollows of your cheeks, around your jaw and temples not only gives your face some contouring but also gives you a beautifully natural healthy looking glow. See my full review here.

I seem to be reaching for a bold lip most days and the only colour I can't get enough of is Revlon Lip Butter in 'Candy Apple' Its such a lovely bold red which is a great transitional colour that will see you through all the seasons! No only is the colour fabulous the formula of these lipsticks are just so comfortable to wear.....I need to buy lots lots more!

A great new addition to my skincare regime has been the Liz Earle Hot Cloth Cleanse and Polish. I received this in Aprils Birch Box and quickly became my go to cleanser, I love that its a two in one product meaning I can skip the exfoliation stage saving time and money of extra products....I will definitely be buying the full sized soon.

Lastly I received some samples from Clinique's new Anti Blemish range and have been loving their clarifying toner and Anti Blemish treatment cream. I've had several bad breakouts recently because I've been a naughty girl and keep falling asleep in my make up (slaps wrist) and using these have helped get my skin back to normal.

Finally my non-beauty favourites have included my new phone case from Ebay which I bought after dropping my phone of a two story balcony and it actually survived! Sweet Vine Yogurt Covered Blackberry Flakes from Aldi have been my snack of choice even though they were supposed to be for the kiddies....oops! I have been continuously studying fiction writing and doing research for the book I am going to write and so far I'm enjoying it so much, It feels like being back at school I love having a goal to work towards. And lastly boxing.....we love in our house and the Froch vs Groves fight saturday night was an excellent watch and I'm just much looking forward to the Tyson Fury fight next month also.  

Thank you for reading.

LouLou.

No comments:

Post a Comment