Thursday 6 March 2014

Shopping | Eats | Birthday Treats.

Today it was my lovely mummy's birthday and I thought Id treat her to girly day of shopping and lunch. We live a 5 minute drive from Bluewater shopping centre which happens to be one of the UK's biggest shopping centres, it being so close means we always end up going there but for a change we decided to try out Westfield Stratford which is only a 10 minute train ride away. It was nice to go somewhere new and what with it being in London there were a few more high end shops we hadn't been to before.

To start the day we had a slap up Toby Carvery's buffet breakfast before catching the high speed to London. Its great value for money at only £3.99 for all you can eat and for a long day and lots of walking we needed the fuel.


So my first impressions of Stratford Westfield were good, it was a great mix of some high end shops the usual high street shops which we have at Bluewater shopping centre and value stores like Primark which I found quite unusual being in the same setting as MAC and Mulberry. 


The stand out stores for me were ones which I do not have anywhere near me the first being Jo Malone.  For half an hour I was literally in scent heaven, I had heard bloggers rave about many of their sophisticated offerings never being able to test them out for myself. Blackberry and Bay has been on my wish list for months but I was nervous about buying blind without having ever experienced the smell myself. I needn't have worried so much, after testing out every cologne they had Blackberry and Bay was perfect by far my favourite. Coming up close behind was Peony & Blush Suede and Earl Grey & Cucumber and all gentle and beautiful scents all of which are now on my birthday list. 


The second shop that got me really excited was Victoria's Secret, a well known American brand which is going to be opening soon in my local shopping centre. More commonly known for its quality underwear but what really sold me was the huge range of perfume and bath products. I already own one of their body mists and could easily buy several more as well as their perfume 'Bombshell' which is a vibrant and fruity scent which is definitely me.


When stopping for lunch we decided on a vietnamese street food restaurant called Pho where I had the most delicious noodle salad with pork and lemongrass meatballs and a spicy dressing. I was really blown away by not only how yummy this was but it was so fresh, healthy and really really filling (I also managed to eat the whole thing with chopsticks which is an achievement!). To wash it down i had a apple, lime and mint fresh juice which was very refreshing.
  

After stumbling across a cute boutique patisserie I couldn't leave without bringing home a mixed box of macaroons to share with the Mr, my all time favourite sweet treat. It was lovely to get back home, rest my aching feet, make a cup of tea and have a nibble one these delicate bite sized goodies. 

I bought a only a couple of bits whilst we were shopping as I was trying to be well behaved so a mini haul will be blogged about tomorrow, but i did do a lot of shopping with my eyes so expect a lot of wish lists the rest of the week!

Finally have a standard bathroom selfie, sporting sunglasses as the weather was glorious but very windswept hair as it is the UK after all.

  
Thank you for reading!

Loulou. 






No comments:

Post a Comment