Tuesday 11 March 2014

Going Foundation Free.


Now the sun is shining and spring is actually showing its face, its nice to wear only minimal make up and allow the skin to breathe. At the moment my skin is amazing! Not sure if its to do with my skincare routine, diet or time of year but I'm going to enjoy it whilst it lasts and not cover it with piles of foundation!

Skipping the whole foundation step is great especially because I can get away with not wearing a primer either so makes doing my make up so much quicker. After moisturising I use a concealer around my eyes just to brighten them and a quick powder to mattify and my base is done! My products of choice have been YSL Touche Eclat and Rimmel Stay Matt Powder.




I raided the bottom of my makeup bag to dig out this old favourite the Bourjois Illuminating Touch highlighter....back in the day novice me used to think this was a blush but now I just use a little on the tops of my cheek bones to give a lovely glowing shimmer. My go to blush at the moment is still Benefits Dandelion but I really want to invest in one of Clinique's new cheek pops, they come in the most beautiful summer colours and the packaging is stunning.





























The Urban Decay Naked 3 palette is still my current favourite for my eyes in particular the colours
'Strange' to highlight 'Limit' for lid coverage and 'Liar' for the crease. Here I have swatched the colours for you, once applied and blended out using my Zoeva 227 brush (which is an amazing dupe for the MAC 217) they create a really delicate day time smokey eye.




I am in love with this mascara combination at the moment and I stumbled on it quite by mistake! When I first tried this sample sized Laura Mercia mascara which I recieved one month in a Birch Box, I really didn't rate it at all and found it gave my lashes absolutely no length whatsoever. So I never used it again until recently I picked it up by mistake thinking is was my sample sized Clinique mascara put it on and still wasn't satisfied with the finish. So on top of the Laura Mercia mascara I applied my most loved Soap & Glory Thick & Fast mascara and the difference was amazing!! I found that the Laura Mercia had defined each lash nicely separating them all but not giving enough volume but with the Soap & Glory mascara on top it gave a huge amount of volume and length making my lashes look beautiful. What I love about this combination is that it doesn't look clumpy and doesn't make your lashes feel plasticy giving such a natural look.

When I'm having a foundation free day I also like to go without eyeliner too! You wouldn't believe how much wider and brighter your eyes look without it, I have never really experimented with different eyeliners but I would really like to try some nude and brown ones for spring summer and retire my trusty black which narrows the eyes way too much. I've read some great reviews on the Urban Decay glide on eye pencils so I'm hoping to invest in one soon.





Most days I like to wear some sort of lip crayon, they are great for every day use, extremely moisturising and come in array of pretty colours. My favourite lip crayons are Clinique Chubby Stick and the Revlon Colourburst Balm, Matt and Lacquer lip crayons. When going for a minimal makeup spring look pretty nudes are my go to colour and today I actually mixed 2 of my favourites; Clinique's Curviest Caramel the 'my lips but better' nude shade and Revlons Matt Balm in Elusive which is a pretty pastel pink.

So this is the make up look i like wearing most on good skin days, I hope this inspires you to go a little more natural in the warmer months.

Thank you for reading!

Loulou.


No comments:

Post a Comment