Wednesday 9 April 2014

Wednesday Wishlist: Ikea Edition!

As I may have mentioned I am soon to be moving and my furniture window shopping is getting a bit out of control! We are saving a little stash of cash to do a big Ikea haul just before the move so I thought I'd share with you what is on our wish list.


























I will start off with the living room, we already own an Ikea Karlstad sofa which we bought when we first moved out 3 years ago It was such a good buy! Its so hardwearing even 2 kids and a dog hasn't fazed it, its neutral so can be accessorised with colourful cushions and its a nice modern shape which doesn't look too bulky. Even if any major accidents were to be had with it you can buy completely new covers for it without having to replace the whole thing. Although we have a 3 seater sofa an extra chair would come in handy and I've always wanted a reading chair and this Strandmon winged chair is perfect. Its such a classic shape and would look lovely in front of our bookcases with a couple of contrasting cushions.

We currently own a very child unfriendly glass TV stand which I have been wanting to replace in years. To make the most of the alcoves either side of the chimney breast and in one I would like to put this Expedit T.V unit. Not only does it house your TV, DVD player and Sky box but it also utilises the space around them and providing tons of storage which is essential when you have children. Drona storage boxes can be used in conjunction with the Expedit unit to stow away a ton of junk or in our case toys. I am planing to use them in the bottom 4 squares to conceal all the boys toys away out of sight, the other squares are perfect for displaying DVDs, CDs or any other nick nacks.

I have been meaning to get the boys the Latt children's table and chairs for a while now, its a a very neutral piece that can be easily customised with some paint and oilcloth, it is going to be my little project for the boys for Christmas. Lastly we just need a second rug to protect the newly laid wooden floors from our dogs claws and a light fitting, as we already have curtains and a lot of family pictures to put up to make it look nice and homely.



Our bedroom is in desperate need of new furniture, our current pieces I have had since I was a teenager and they are slowly falling apart from the weight of my masses of clothes. I have a black iron bed so I would like some dark black/brown furniture to match and I am in love with the way these look together. A big wardrobe is essential and I really like this Trysil wardrobe partly because of the draws at the bottom give you the maximum amount of usable storage and also sliding doors allow more room for other furniture. If there is enough room (as I am yet to measure) I would love this huge Hemnes chest of drawers as not only does it look stunning it would be amazing as a dressing table with a this large Stave mirror above and displaying all my cosmetics on top. Lastly a couple of bedside cabinets which match the wardrobe as they do come in handy to store my bedtime read and phone chargers.

There are a few other bits I would like including a shoe cabinet and coat rack for the porch and Eli also needs a toddler bed and possibly extra storage for his bedroom. I cant wait to do my massive Ikea haul and also show you all my new house once its complete!

Thank you for reading.

Loulou.

No comments:

Post a Comment