Tuesday 1 April 2014

Scrub On A Budget - A Review!

Recently I purchased two new facial scrubs after finally finishing my St Ives Apricot facial scrub for sensitive skin which I found far to abrasive and damaging to the skin. The two scrubs I am reviewing are both fantastic but at the same time worlds apart I will explain....






















The two scrubs In question are the Avon Clearskin Professional Deep Pore Cleansing Scrub and the No7 Total Renew Micro-dermabrasion Exfoliator.

Lets start with the No7 scrub which is available from Boots and during march they were giving out £5 off No7 skin care vouchers with purchases over £5. Normally £11 after using this voucher I picked this product up for only £6, Im not sure whether I would have purchased it at its original price as I find thats getting a bit on the expensive side for a face scrub. The exfoliant particles in this scrub are very fine a lot finer and less harsh on the skin then the St Ives scrub I had been previously using which is exactly what I was looking for. The scrub itself if very gentle yet very effective at smoothing out the skin leaving it extremely soft and clean feeling. Overall this is a great everyday scrub, gentle enough to be used everyday and I think its rather similar to Clinique's 7 Day scrub which I also enjoyed using in the past.

The second scrub I purchased was on a bit of a whim, whilst buying online what I had read to be a great Origins clay mask dupe, a few other things caught my eye on the Avon website. This scrub is currently on offer for only £3.50!! reduced from £5.50 which is still an absolute bargain! What caught my eye about this scrub was that it contains both salicylic acid and glycolic acid which both help treat skin inflammation, acne flare-ups and help remove dead skin and improve skin texture. I have never used any products that use acids before so I was very intrigued to see what this scrub was like. Again like the No7 scrub the exfoliant particles were very fine but that is where the similarities end. The cream was a lot thicker in this scrub and felt more like the texture of a mask, once applied and massaged around the face there is a very strong tingling/slightly burning feeling which isn't too over baring but I didn't leave it on for too long. This is one seriously hard core scrub they results are fantastic but I would only recommend using it maybe once a week or just when your skin is problematic. Once rinsed off my skin felt so so fresh and clean, I actually used this at the start of a breakout I was having and it instantly stopped it in its tracks and my bumpy skin was instantly smoothed out. For only £3.50 the effects this scrub produced were very dramatic and I would definitely recommend this to anyone who has frequent acne fare-ups. With a scrub like this you do have to be careful not to over exfoliate so make sure any other products such as toners or masks that you may use in conjunction with this scrub do not have any exfoliants in them.

And there you have it two budget scrubs that are fantastic, the everyday scrub and the problem solver....both I will be repurchasing in the future.

Thank you for reading.

Loulou.

No comments:

Post a Comment