Saturday 12 April 2014

April Birchbox - A Review!


I've got to say Aprils Birchbox really impressed me so I thought I'd tell you a little bit about what goodies this months box holds.

I'll start with the 'Lifestyle extra' product which this month was Propercorn fiery worcester sauce and sundried tomato popcorn. I have never tried savoury popcorn before but this was amazing, really tasty and very spicy it would definitely be something I would purchase again. It was a nice little extra that my tummy really enjoyed.

This months box featured a full sized product which was the Tommyguns Pomegranate and orange flower shampoo which smells beautiful and I will have to report back to you on its effectiveness. It always really nice to receive a full sized product this one would have cost £5.50.



The next thing that caught my eye were three absolutely adorable miniature sized products, I'm a sucker for mini products anyway its annoying to have a full sized something you hate it feels like a waste but with mini's even if you don't like them they don't take up much room in your stash and they don't take long to use up and replace. On the other hand if you do like them they are compact and great for the handbag!

The first mini I'm going to talk about is the Color Club nail polish which we were lucky enough to be able to choose which colour we would like before we received our box. There were a choice of 4 pastel colours from which i chose 'breakfast at...' which is a perl mint green. The colour is perfect for spring I just hope it goes on well and has good staying power.

Another miniture was the Lord & Berry couture kohl kajal eye pencil in black. I have recently been boycotting black eyeliner but will give it a go and see if it rekindles some nostalgia.



Out of the 3 the best miniture by far has got to be this 'How about them apples?' cheek and lip stain by The Balm Cosmetics. It comes in a tiny cardboard box in a beautiful retro design, once opened it houses a sample size in the colour 'Pie' which is a vibrant peachy coral. I did a quick test and the pigmentation is fantastic I am really looking forward to using such a quirky and versatile product.

Lastly on to the most expensive sample in the box a generous 15ml sample of One Love Orgainics Skin  Savour Beauty Balm which full sized retails for £30. It apparently removes make up, cleanses and moisturises a versatile balm which I have got to say smells pretty amazing. I cant wait to test this and see how it stands up agains my favourite Clinique Take The Day Off Balm....don't worry I will keep you informed.

So there you are full sized products and cute miniatures, well known brands and new discoveries I think this months box covers all bases. A Great month to sign up for a Birchbox subscription, If you already have this box what did you think?

Thank you for reading.

Loulou.  

No comments:

Post a Comment