Saturday 12 April 2014

An Aldi Haul...And No Its Not Food!

I always do my food shopping in Aldi and not only is their food great value for money but their 'special buys' are always extremely tempting. This week Aldi had an easter baking event where they're special buys included an array of baking equipment and kitchen ware...this is so my weakness. I thought I'd share with you my little haul as I found some amazing bargains that I couldn't resist!


When I saw the event advertised in store this is what caught my eye, this absolutely beautiful kitchen aid look-a-like standing mixer. I have always wanted a kitchen aid but could never justify the ridiculous price I mean £300-400 could buy a lot of things...so when I saw this and saw the £34.99 price tag I new I just had to have it. I used it the same day I bought it to make some lemon drizzle muffins and for the price the quality is brilliant and it will beautiful in our soon to be new kitchen. They also had the mixer available in cream but I love the vibrant duck egg blue colour....so much so I bought some matching kitchen ware.

Other things that also ended up in my trolly were this absolutely massive stoneware mixing bowl again in the vibrant duck egg blue colour and for only £6.99 I thought that was pretty good. I also bought a set of 3 floral tea towels and a matching oven glove which were £2.99 each. Buying fresh new colourful tea towels is a great way of brightening up a kitchen, I like to replace them pretty regularly as they tend to start looking really tatty. Also in the even were kitchen scales, measuring jugs, utensils, silicone bake ware and a selection of cake decorating products.

I would really reccomend any keen baker to go check out you local Aldi and pick up some bargains.

Thank you for reading.

Loulou.    

2 comments:

  1. After seeing your picture on instagram I headed over to my local Aldi haven't never been in one before. My store wasn't the nicest it must be said and I was gutted to see they had all of the baking goods besides the mixer which was what I really wanted. So gutted, you'll have to let me know if they still have them near you because I'd love one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it was a very popular deal because its such a good price when I picked mine up there were only 3 left and my mother-in-law tried to pick one up the next day and they were all gone. Lets hope they have some more stock coming! x

      Delete