Monday 4 August 2014

Magnifibres Brush-On False Lashes - A Review
























Being a mother of two children, even when I do get a very rare night out or an occasion to attend I do not have time for fiddly false lashes....tubes of glue around toddlers are a no no, I would end up with them stuck on my eyebrows trying to apply then with two little terrors climbing my legs. When I heard those four little words 'Brush On False Lashes' I got a tiny bit excited and knew I would love to give it a try!

Even in my pre-children years I wasn't a big fan of false lashes, I would wear them very occasionally....loving the effect but hating the effort so I was so intrigued to see if Magnifibres could replicate the impact that false lashes give without any of the application hassle.  



So here's how it works: 

You apply a layer of your regular mascara, I find a really wet formula works best I like to use Clinique High Impact Mascara. Straight away before your mascara dries apply a coat of what looks like a spiders web on a brush but what actually is tiny white fibres which will cling to your lashes. Leave for a few minutes for the fibres to really stick and then lastly go over your lashes with another coat of your favourite mascara.

The packaging of Magnifibres despite being white looks like your average tube of mascara, it has an average mascara like wand but instead of a liquid it contains lots of tiny white fibres that completely coat the brush. I found that the fibres were easy enough to apply but when over done started to make my eyes itch a little. When applying your second coat of mascara you can instantly see the added volume which the Magnifibres produces and I am actually pretty impressed. Although this doesn't give you the beautiful even shape that false lashes provide it does add a lot more volume that you wouldn't get using mascara alone.


Here are some terrible before and after photos (do you know how hard it is to take lash close ups, when your melting in the heat!) the first picture with just one coat of mascara and the second with the Magnifibres and second coat of mascara. Price wise Magnifibres is £20 which is cheaper then some high-end mascaras, and the good thing about this is as long as the mascara you use is wet enough for the fibres to stick to then you could get away with using a very budget mascara with your lashes still looking lovely and volumous. 

Overall a very handy product to own and one I am going to get a ton of use out of. Magnifibres can be purchased here. Thank you for reading. 

LouLou.  

No comments:

Post a Comment