Monday 11 August 2014

Clinique Moisture Surge CC Cream - A Review.


Have I finally found my perfect lightweight base?? I have pretty good skin 80% of the time and hate clogging it up with heavy foundation just to even its colour so I have been on a problematic search for a light weight base that doesn't suffocate my skin. My problems lie with my stupidly pale skin.....BB, CC creams and tinted moisturisers usually only come in a very limited shade range mainly just light, medium and dark and light shades are still always way too dark/orange for me. Due to this I had somewhat given up on my search righting off most of them even before testing, not wanting to waste further money on products that make me look like I've been tangoed. 

This is the reason I did not want to try the Clinique Moisture Surge CC cream, I even received a sample in a Bonus Time set in the shade medium and instantly gave it away to a friend as I am definitely not a medium shade. But when my mother in law who is a lot darker in complexion then me received a sample in the shade light she gave it to me to try.....and I am certainly glad I did try it!!

So I have a 15ml sample size tube that I have been using for over a week now and I have to say despite it not being quite perfect I am totally in love. I will start off with the colour and I have to say that the shade light is still too dark for me but not so obviously so that I cant pull it off but it would definitely not work for me in the winter but there is hope as this CC cream actually comes in an even paler shade called very light and I have a feeling that its going to be perfect for me. 

This CC cream is quite thick yet feels so light on the skin, it offers what I would call a light to medium coverage so a little more then your average BB/CC cream. Once on the skin it blends beautifully into a skin like finish that is not matt but not too dewy either and it does leave your skin feeling very moisturised without looking greasy. Now I do have quite an oily T-Zone in the summer so I like to set it a little with a powder as because it is not a matt finish it wont disguise any oil but it doesn't increase the oiliness either. Once applied I feel it takes several minutes so dry so to speak and stop feeling slightly tacky but the finish is flawless! 

This base not only gives you added moisture that anyone will dry skin would love, it feels light, it looks very natural and it completely evens out your complexion of any redness and even helps to disguise dark circles leaving your skin looking amazing!  

Clinique Moisture Surge CC cream is perfect for summer when its too hot for heavy make up and contains quite a high SPF of 30 which is very important to protect your skin from UV rays. Over all a great edition to any make up bag! You can find the Clinique CC cream here for £28. 

Thank you for reading. 

LouLou.  

No comments:

Post a Comment