Tuesday 20 May 2014

Tried & Tested - Soap & Glory SPF 50.


So I've had this little product for a while now but without any sunny weather I had yet to test it out fully....Until this weekend that is!! The Soap and Glory Make Yourself Youthful Sunshield Superfluid is an SPF 50 moisturisers which boasts the up most protection from UVA/UVB rays without the greasy, sticky feel and look of regular sunscreen. Likened by many beauty bloggers as the high street dupe of Kielhl's Ultra Light Daily Defence but for less then half the price. 

This weekend the sun certainly had his hat on meaning I could fully test how well this moisturiser wears under make up exposed to the sun all day. After cleansing my face I used this as my only moisturiser, at first it seems very greasy but given a few minutes it sinks into the skin nicely. I apply a mattifying primer over the top and the my regular face of make up, once finished I can safely say there were no signs of any greasy sunscreen look that could be seen. Now I have a very pale skin tone and my skin is very prone to sun damage, every single summer I end up with a severely burnt nose so I was praying that this was the product that could change that. 

I spend a whole day at the park with the boys running around in the sunshine and the first thing I noticed was that my face wasn't any oilier then it would usually be from being a little hot. I was a little shinny in my T zone but nothing too dramatic that a little top up of powder half way through the day couldn't fix. When I got home I was keen to survey for any redness and signs of sun damage and there was zero! This one application had protected my skin all day without compromising the finish of my make up which is exactly what I was looking for. 

Over all I am so happy that I have introduced this product into my summer skincare routine I dread to think how much damage I have done to my skin over the years due to over exposure of sun rays! I now use this every sunny day when I know I am going to be spending a lot of time outdoors, on regular days I still use an SPF moisturiser just something a little lighter. 

I'd love to know how this compares to the Kiehl's Ultra Light Daily Defence....Let me know if any of you guys have tried both?      

LouLou. 

No comments:

Post a Comment