Wednesday 14 May 2014

Rimmel Wake Me Up Foundation In Light Porcelain.




























So for a while now Rimmel Wake Me Up has been my go to favourite foundation, for me I just absolutely love the finnish. It leaves a beautifully dewy and very natural finish I'm not a fan of a pure matt finish they look too powdery to me but for a drugstore foundation at only £8.99 its perfect.

Now even though I absolutely love this foundation I have always had one major gripe with it which is that the palest shade it comes in is still to orange for my pale skin. So annoying when your find your perfect foundation and it isn't a good match, I was having to take their palest shade which was 100 Ivory and mx it with a different brand of foundation in a paler shade to lighten it which is very inconvenient having two buy 2 foundations.

Now isn't it great when it seems that a brand actually listen to what the consumer wants? Well it must have been a problem that a lot of purchasers complained about because guess what.....they listened and released a shade for us pale girls.

Rimmel Wake Me Up Foundation has now been released in a new paler shade called 010 Light Porcelain and I was ridiculously excited when I heard the news. Now annoyingly the new shade is not available in boots which is a pain because I wanted to buy it as a part of their 3 for 2 but it can be found in Superdrug or online on ASOS or Feel Unique.


Onto the shade comparison, this was the lightest shade previous to the new release the one I was having to mix....the colour difference is a bit of a joke, the new Light Porcelain shade is so much paler and slightly more pink toned it matches my skin tone so much better which is great. The only thing I would say is that this dramatic difference in shades seems a bit silly and could have been a bit more gradual and there definitely still needs to be a a shade in between these two as well.


























I liken the new Wake Me Up shade to the L'Oreal True Match in Rose Ivory although they are a completely different finish the True Match being a lot more matt which isn't really my bag!

Overall the new shade is pretty perfect for me and it is great the brand recognised the problem in the shade range although could still go a lot further in creating more variety. So for us pale girls there is now more hope at finding a good foundation match on the high street which is a step in the right direction.

What do you guys think of the new Light Porcelain shade?

Thank you for reading.

LouLou.

3 comments:

  1. Oh brilliant! I loved Match Perfection in 010 and I've wanted to try Wake Me Up for ages!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, yay! I was unaware of the new lighter shade but it's definitely needed. Such a great foundation

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is my first time i visit here. I found so many interesting stuff in your blog especially its discussion. From the tons of comments on your articles, I guess I am not the only one having all the enjoyment here! keep up the good work lichtwecker-24.de

    ReplyDelete