Thursday 6 November 2014

Whats In My Make Up Bag - Hen Weekend Edition.
























I am very much looking forward to my best friends hen do this weekend, we have lots of exciting things planned with will be revealed soon but for now I thought I'd share with you what make up I will be taking with me. We are going away just for one night and have packed my make up bag with two looks in mind, one more neutral look for the day time and something a bit more dramatic for the evening.


























The make up bag itself is just an old one that I picked up from Primark a while back and the first and biggest thing inside is my new Box o Blushes set by Benefit. This gives me a variety of blush shades and finishes all in one tin, I can throw this in without worrying and have lots to pick from once in there. It also comes with a brush and highlighter so its a very handy little set to have.


For base I went for the trusty Benefit Porefessional Primer and luckily I had this tiny same size which is perfect for a night away. I had to take my favourite foundation and concealer combination with which the Maybelline Better Skin foundation and the Rimmel Wake Me Up concealer. The foundation gives a lovely skin like natural finish without being too dewy and the concealer is perfect for brightening around the eyes. To set it all and give a soft focus look is the Bourjois Healthy Balance powder which is so compact and great for travel and will help my make up stay in place all day and get rid of any shine.




For eyeshadow I limited myself to one palette and it had to be my Naked3 I just couldn't live without it. I can create a lovely day time look using the matt shades and for the evening a dramatic rose toned smokey eye with the shimmery darker shades.



Eyes are probably my fullest category as I am taking quite a few options! My Barry M Showgirl mascara for a fluttery natural day time eye look combined with a more subtle brown Rimmel eyeliner. For evening lashings of Rimmel Lash Accelerator Endless and Magnifibres to give a false lash effect with non of the hassle, L'Oreal Super Slim Liner to create that sexy catflick and a kohl pencil to smoke it out under the eye.

Lastly lips....I really had to put myself on a tight rein otherwise I would ended up taking my whole collection with me! The options I went for was a natural day time wash of colour taking my Clinique Chubby stick in Super Strawberry then for the evening gave myself 4 bold lip options two plum colours one being Mac Craving and a Rimmel Apocalips in Meteoric Matt and two reds which are Maybellines Colour Drama lip pencil in Light It Up and another Rimmel Apocalips in Burning Lava.

To some this may seem excessive but its a very special occasion and is going to be a very girly day so a substantial stash is needed!

Thank you for reading.

LouLouLoves.

No comments:

Post a Comment