Wednesday 24 September 2014

Our Living Room In Products.

Like I've said previously when you have two energetic toddlers causing all sorts of chaos channelling a sense of calm in your living space is essential. Nothing says serenity like shades of muted green, blue and grey mixed with modern patterns and retro shapes which has become the theme for our downstairs living space. We recently did a huge Ikea haul for the new house picking out several bits of new furniture and many soft furnishing, so I thought I'd share with you in a mood board kind of way how our living space is coming together. Above are all the items we have bought so far, new T.V unit combined with storage was essential and the Ikea Lappland and Drona boxes were just perfect. The Drona boxes are perfect for storing the children's toys out of sight so come night time our house doesn't look like a toyshop. A thick pile fluffy rug in a neutral colour and a large clock is what we also bought from Ikea, the clock is so perfect and I love the roman numerals. I bought a mixture of new cushions from Ikea, Asda and Zulily and I love how all the patterns and colours work together making our very simple Karlstad Ikea sofa look a lot more interesting. Lastly I had on order this beautifully retro green topped side table from Next, again tying in with all the green accents I really love the shape of this table  and its going to look lovely next to our sofa.        





























There are still a few things that are on my to buy list which you can see above and I'm sure I will eventually get around to buying these finishing touches once we are moved in. Firstly a second rug for the giving room to protect the wooden floors from toys and the dogs claws, this one from Achica is amazing value for money in fact I think I am going to order it tonight before it sells out! The green herringbone throw is from the National Trusts online shop and will come in handy in the winter to snuggle up on the sofa with. The beautiful arch mirror is massive and is from The Range and so is the retro lamp, In fact The Range do the best selection of mirrors I have ever seen!! I love the retro look telephones and this little reproduction number is from Next....I mean how often do you find a phone that matches your colour scheme so perfectly. Lastly I am loving the copper trend that I have seen in a lot of homeware departments and I think these copper wire storage baskets from H&M would make a great place to store a few of the children's books, newspapers or even letters and post.

So what do you think of my living space mood board scheme?

Thank you for reading!

LouLou.  







No comments:

Post a Comment