Tuesday 2 September 2014

H&M Autumn Haul


As you may have seen on my previous post here, H&M are doing 25% off of one item and I had a whole basket full of things that I really wanted to get! I was very unsure of what size I was in H&M and as the code was available to use in store also I took a trip to my nearest H&M to try a few things on and came back with some lovely Autumn goodies.



Lets start by talking about this skirt, the skirt I had been lusting over since it popped up on the H&M website! Now to be honest I didn't really need another skirt but this print was so perfect for Autumn/Winter I knew I would get so much wear out of it. This was the item that I was unsure what size I would be as it came in a Small/Medium/Large but it turns out a size small fits me perfectly so I would say that a small is roughly a size 10. The skirt is a midi pencil skirt that wears high on the waist and comes just below the knee, I find this kind of fit very flattering but may not work if you are on the short side....for reference I am 5ft5. It is made of a lovely thick, soft almost sweatshirt material, its very good quality and will keep you a tad warmer then your skirt. Here I've shown how I like to style this piece in an outfit with a simple black vest tucked into it, wearing chunky brown boots a leather jacket and classic fedora hat.    


Next I purchased the most perfect winter dress, this was an item I had on my list of what was missing from my wardrobe and I am so glad that this has filled that gap. This dress is a size 10 which again fits me like a glove, it has longish short sleeves almost to the elbow and the dress fares out at the waist and is a midi length. The hem of the skirt hitches up slightly at both sides giving it a lovely ruffly finish and the dark blue floral print will look amazing with back tights and chunky winter boots. Again to give the floral an edgier look I love wearing a leather jacket over the top as it goes really well.



Talking of leather jackets that is another hole in my wardrobe that is now filled! I used the 25% off code against this beautiful faux leather jacket, something I have been meaning to buy for a long long time now. Again a size 10 fits me perfectly and I am very impressed with how consistent the sizing as been amongst all my purchases. The leather jacket is a biker style with lapels and zip detailing, I really like how the zip does up diagonally and how the leather doesn't look too plasticy. I cant wait to pair this jacket with dresses or jeans and I love how my tartan scarf looks with it, its such a versatile piece that will last me though all seasons.

Overal I am so pleased with my Autumn purchases I really think H&M are really bringing it this season!

Thank you for reading.

LouLou.

No comments:

Post a Comment