Wednesday 7 January 2015

Spotlight On: Jo Malone.


Jo Malone has been a favourite on this blog ever since its discovery about a year ago now. When it comes to fragrance there is just nothing quite like it and so far I have not come across a single scent that hasn't blown me away. Today I thought I'd share with you my little Jo Malone collection and speak about some of my favourite scents. 


So this is what I own so far from Jo Malone's fragrance collection, my first purchase or rather gift was 'Blackbarry & Bay' which I think is my all time favourite scent. It is rich and juicy scent but not overly sweet and sickly which really can be worn all year around and has great staying power. The scent is reminiscent of rich ripe fruit ready to be harvested with subtle undertone of more earthy herbs.

'Pomegranite Noir' is one that has really grown on me as its a fruity scent like no other! It has a strong smokey and rich scent that just oozes sex and sophistication a perfect winter or evening fragrance.

Lastly 'Lime, Basil and Manderin' is the most unusual yet delightfully exotic fragrance I have ever worn and definitely the most interesting of the bunch. This citrus scent is so fresh and invigorating with the pungent notes of lime and basil extremely prominent it really awakens your senses like no other perfume I have tired.

Other fragrances I have tried and have quickly been added to my wish list are 'Wood Sage & Sea Salt' a fresh scent reminiscent of the British sea side, 'Peony & Blush Suede' a floral fragrance which is lovely for spring/summer and lastly 'Earl Grey & Cucumber' another slightly unusual one that's a complete joy for the senses.  



Lastly I thought I would do a mini review of the Jo Malone Body Creme as I received two miniature sized pots for Christmas in the scents 'English pear & Freesia' and 'Nectarine Blossom & Honey'. 

These two scents are quite neutral and although more subtle then some of the others still have amazing strength and staying power. In fact that was what impressed me the most about these little cremes unlike other moisturisers the scent seemed to last for hours and I could really smell it on myself almost like a perfume. Because of this you do have to be careful with which scent you layer on top but I am imagine because of their more neutral notes these fragrances would work well layered with many other Jo Malone scents.   

Apart from scent these body cremes have a lovely thick whipped consistency which is easily absorbed into the skin and feels very nourishing and luxurious, a lovely treat after a hot bath.

I hope you enjoy Jo Malone as much as I do everything about the brand just exudes quality and luxury even the packaging looks so chic and sophisticated sitting on anyones dressing table. What are some of your favourite fragrances?

Thank you for reading.

LouLouLoves.   

No comments:

Post a Comment